Create an endowment
Endowment funds are long-term funds that are invested by Plan International Canada, and the investment income is used to support our programs.
You can establish your personal endowment fund with a one-time donation, a pledge over time or through a gift in your will. Your fund can be named after you, your family or in honour of a loved one.
Your fund can support specific areas of our work such as water, education or health projects, or support children for years to come.
Set up your very own children's fund that will support children now and in the future.
A minimum of $25,000 is required to set up a named endowment fund; however, it is possible to establish the fund with an annual gift of $5,000 over five years.
- Plan International Canada will work with you to establish the terms of your endowment fund.
- You may continue to grow your endowment fund beyond the threshold level.
- All donations to the endowment fund are eligible for receipts.
- By donating securities to pay for your endowment fund, you pay no tax on the capital gains that have accumulated on the securities. You’ll receive a donation receipt for the full value of the donated securities. This is a tax-smart way of making a gift to Plan International Canada.
- Our legal name is Plan International Canada Inc.
- We encourage you to seek professional advice to ensure that your financial goals are considered, your tax situation reviewed and that your planned gift is tailored to best fit your requirements. The information provided here is intended as an overview and does not constitute financial advice.