Gift through a will
A gift in your will may be the biggest gift of your life, and has the power to help even more children look forward to a future filled with opportunity. Yet this gift doesn't cost you anything during your lifetime.
WAYS YOU CAN LEAVE A GIFT IN YOUR WILL:
- Leave a specific dollar amount
- Leave a residual bequest ‒ a share of the remainder of your estate after other needs are met
- Leave a contingent bequest ‒ a share of your estate after your other beneficiaries have passed on
- You can make a larger gift than you ever thought possible
- A gift in a will doesn’t cost you anything now
- A gift in a will doesn’t have to take away from what you plan to leave for loved ones
- You reduce the tax burden on your estate
- You can choose to make changes to your will at any time
YOU CAN FIND SAMPLE WORDING FOR YOUR WILL HERE
- You cannot name a sponsored child in your will. However, you can have your gift support Child Sponsorship in general.
- Our legal name is Plan International Canada Inc. We recommend that you consult Plan International Canada to ensure our correct legal name is represented in your will.