Media Advisory - SOPHIE GRÉGOIRE TRUDEAU TO JOIN PLAN INTERNATIONAL CANADA IN CELEBRATION OF INTERNATIONAL DAY OF THE GIRL
Attention: assignment, photo and news editors
Sophie Grégoire Trudeau to join Plan International Canada in celebration of International Day of the Girl
TORONTO, ON, October 7, 2016 – On Tuesday, October 11, media are invited to join Madame Sophie Grégoire Trudeau and Plan International Canada President and CEO Caroline Riseboro, as they discuss the importance of making girls more visible.
This International Day of the Girl, across the country, a diverse group of remarkable Canadian girls are filling high profile seats to illustrate every girl’s right to equal opportunities. Madame Sophie Grégoire Trudeau and Caroline Riseboro will discuss these actions, which are a part of the #GirlsBelongHere initiative, and the important message it sends to all Canadians. Girls are showing that girls and women belong in the seats of classrooms, boardrooms, trading floors, Senate, courtrooms, press rooms and corner offices. They are declaring that #GirlsBelongHere and everywhere else where decisions are made.
In a world where millions of girls still bear the brunt of poverty, are denied an education, forced into marriage and subjected to violence simply because they are young and female, it’s time to unlock the power of girls.
- Introduction by Caroline Riseboro, President and CEO, Plan International Canada, regarding the #GirlsBelongHere initiative and the significance of the International Day of the Girl
- Madame Sophie Grégoire Trudeau to lead a discussion with Canadian girls who participated in the #GirlsBelongHere initiative and were given the opportunity to spend a day in the seats of Canadian leaders, including politicians, educators and Plan International Canada CEO Caroline Riseboro
- Madame Sophie Grégoire Trudeau, Plan International Canada Global Ambassador
- Caroline Riseboro, President & CEO, Plan International Canada
- Plan International Canada Youth Ambassadors
- Tuesday October 11, 2016
- 11:00-11:45 a.m.
- **Media must arrive by 10:45 a.m. to sign in and are required to present proper identification for accreditation
- Plan International Canada
245 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 300 (southeast corner of Eglinton and Mount Pleasant)
Paid parking is available at two Public “P” green parking lots located just south of Plan International Canada’s office, on the west side of Mt. Pleasant Road:
- 730 Mt. Pleasant Road
- 650 Mt. Pleasant Road
RSVP TO CONFIRM ATTENDANCE AND ADMISSION
Please RSVP to:
Senior Manager, Media and Public Relations Manager, Plan International Canada
T: 416 920-1654 ext. 350 | C: 647-459-7557 | email@example.com
Senior Manager, Communications, Plan International Canada
T: 416 920-1654 ext. 549 | C: 647 284-9575 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our International Day of the Girl conversations online:
Learn more about #GirlsBelongHere at plancanada.ca/GirlsBelongHere.
About Plan International Canada and the Because I am a Girl initiative
Founded in 1937, Plan International is one of the world’s oldest and largest international development agencies, working in partnership with millions of people around the world to end global poverty. Not for profit, independent and inclusive of all faiths and cultures, Plan International strives for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Because I am a Girl is Plan International’s global movement to transform power relations so that girls everywhere can learn, lead, decide and thrive.
Visit plancanada.ca and becauseiamagirl.ca for more information.