CHAMPIONS OF CHANGE CLUBS
Led by young people in elementary schools, high schools, colleges and universities across Canada, Champions of Change Clubs (formerly known as Because I am a Girl Clubs) use educational toolkits to explore the local to global connection of social justice issues through the lens of girls’ rights. Champions of Change Clubs are taking it to the next level by joining Plan International’s global network of youth promoting gender equality and challenging harmful social norms through peer-to-peer mobilization. Members of Clubs champion girls’ rights and gender equality by raising awareness, advocating and fundraising for Plan International's Because I am a Girl movement.
HOW TO CREATE AND REGISTER YOUR CHAMPIONS OF CHANGE CLUB:
- Download the Champions of Change Club Handbook
- Recruit at least 4 peers to run the Club with you
- Complete the Registration Form
Who can register a Club?
Girls AND boys in schools across Canada, with the support of a teacher or other staff supervisor, lead Champions of Change Clubs.
When can I register my Club?
Club registration is open year round. Register your Club, receive your Club Welcome Kit and get started.
- Become part of a growing network of young people raising awareness and helping to inspire action for girls’ rights
- Receive exclusive opportunities to become involved with Plan International led initiatives promoting gender equality
- Access free Club resources and support from the Plan International team
- Opportunities to build leadership, teamwork, and communication skills
What do I do once I have registered my Club?
Your Club can take action by running an awareness campaign or holding a fundraiser. We believe small actions can drive big change. Once you have registered we will send you all the information you will need to get started. We have resources online to help you as well.
Download the Club Handbook.
Register your Champion of Change Club