3 reasons why your support is so important in Uganda
- Many children under the age of 5 die from preventable or treatable diseases – malnutrition contributes to a third of these deaths.
- Less than 1 in 5 children go to secondary school.
- 1.5 million people are living with HIV, including 190,000 children
How your support is helping Uganda:
- Helping marginalized children receive access to an education.
- Improving early childhood care and development in communities, with emphasis on improving primary health care, and teaching good hygiene and sanitation practices at home and in schools.
- Ensuring primary school aged children are well nourished and have access to basic health services to create an effective learning environment and increase attendance.
- Improving household economic security by providing training on agricultural production, school scholarships, and offering vocational training for vulnerable youth to acquire new skills.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||66 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)
Common phrases in Swahili
|How are you?
||Furaha ya siku ya kuzaliwa