3 reasons why your support is so important:
- Malaria kills over 3,400 children every year and 43% of children don’t have an insecticide-treated bed net to sleep under.
- 28% of children aged 5-14 work, with many of them forced to drop out of school.
- In rural areas, 88% of people don’t have sanitation facilities and 41% don’t have clean water.
How your support is helping Togo:
- Enhancing the income of vulnerable families through agricultural activities and providing access to financial services. We are also making Village Savings and Loan Associations (VSLAs) available to more communities.
- Improving access to quality health care, safe drinking water, and hygiene and sanitation services.
- Encouraging communities to get involved through school and water management committees, clubs geared towards youth and women, and training community health and sanitation volunteers across the country.
- Creating safe school environments by promoting gender equality, improving school governance, diversifying education and promoting violence-free schools.
- Promoting child and youth leadership to build resilience to fight against abuse and exploitation, and to educate communities on child protection.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||85 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)
Common phrases in French
|How are you?
||Comment ça va?