3 reasons why your support is so important:
- Child labour and trafficking for the sex trade is widespread.
- Many communities are vulnerable to drought and flooding which devastates homes and livelihoods.
- There is a high rate of HIV infection and fewer than 30% of young people know how to protect themselves.
How your support is helping Thailand:
- Protecting children from abuse, neglect and exploitation by improving the protection of children’s rights – in particular, those who do now have access to basic social services because of their legal status as migrant or stateless people.
- Working with local partners and government to ensure children are registered at birth.
- Ensuring children and young people receive a quality education and vocational training opportunities to improve their employment prospects.
- Providing early childhood education programs for children under the age of 5, and ensuring parents, caregivers and teachers are trained to ensure the proper care, nutrition and stimulation of young children.
- Protecting young people from the risks of HIV by connecting them to comprehensive sexual education, and ensuring young people gain the information and skills needed to care for their sexual and reproductive health.
- Helping children, schools and communities grow resilient and strong in the event of a disaster, by equipping them with them with the skills and knowledge they need to prepare for the worst.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||13 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)
Common phrases in Thai
|How are you?
||Sabi di Mai ka
||Kap Khun Ka
||Sook san wan kerd