3 reasons why your support is so important:
- Many families struggle to buy nutritious food and 17% of children’s growth is stunted by malnutrition.
- Most teachers in the poorest areas are unskilled or very inexperienced.
- Floods and landslides devastate families, and droughts ruin crops and threaten food supplies.
How your support is helping Sri Lanka:
- Working with communities to ensure health workers, midwives and volunteers have access to skilled training so they can promote health and well-being in the villages where they work.
- Helping children gain access to inclusive learning environments and eliminating any barriers that may stand in the way of children receiving an education, like gender inequality, disability or poverty.
- Providing water and sanitation facilities at school to ensure a hygienic school environment for all children, and ensuring gender-sensitive facilities are included at all schools.
- Keeping all children safe and protected from all forms of abuse, neglect, exploitation and violence by ensuring proper safeguards are in place to enable children to protect themselves.
- Building the capacity of child protection across the communities where we work to ensure the protection of children at all levels.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||10 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)
Common phrases in Sinhala
|How are you?
||sauba upanadainayaka vaevaā