The Speakers Bureau provides an opportunity for young people across Canada, between the ages of 14-22, to be trained in public speaking and create positive change through the Because I am a Girl movement.
- Now accepting applications from our Speakers Bureau and Youth Advisory Council members for the Youth Advocates Program: MNCH.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- International Day of the Girl: Young women stepped into seats of power (including those of government ministers, CEOs, and the Canadian Ambassador to the UN) as part of our #GirlsBelongHere initiative.
- International Assistance Review Consultations: Participated in consultations with the Government of Canada and leading NGOs to advise on international development priorities.
- Girls Empowerment Forum: Partaking in the Girls Empowerment Forum with gender equality champions including Mme. Sophie Grégoire Trudeau, Ms. Rosey Edeh and Plan International Canada President & CEO Caroline Riseboro.
- Storytellers Symposium: Present to peers and Plan International staff members at the annual Storytellers Symposium.
- Public Speaking Engagements: Presenting on behalf of Plan International Canada at school and community events.
All students, between the age of 14 and 22 years old, are welcome to join us in driving positive change for gender equality.
This is what you can expect by joining the Speakers Bureau:
- There are 7 workshops held throughout the year
- Training is provided in public speaking, fundraising, media and advocacy
- Connect with like-minded peers who are passionate about girls’ rights, social justice and gender equality
- Learn more about girls' rights, international development, and global issues
- It’s free to join; we ask members to reach out to their community to present on behalf Plan International Canada about the Because I am a Girl initiative
As part of the Speakers Bureau, you will be involved in an international effort to change the lives of girls around the world. You will gain communication, teamwork, and leadership skills and have the opportunity to speak at events on behalf of Plan International Canada.
It's important to note that members of the Speakers Bureau are largely responsible for arranging their own speaking opportunities in their communities with support and materials from Plan International Canada.