The Speakers Bureau provides an opportunity for young people across Canada, between the ages of 14-22, to be trained in public speaking and create positive change through the Because I am a Girl movement.
Applications open: Wednesday May 25th, 2016
Apply to the 2016/2017 Speakers Bureau
Applications Due: Sunday September 11th, 2016
First meeting: Thursday September 22nd, 2016
“I joined the Speakers Bureau because I wanted to raise my voice, but more importantly I wanted to be heard.” Kassandra, Toronto, ON
All students, between the age of 14 and 22 years old, are welcome to join us in driving positive change for gender equality.
This is what you can expect by joining the Speakers Bureau:
- There are 7 workshops held throughout the year
- Training is provided in public speaking, fundraising, media and advocacy
- Connect with like-minded peers who are passionate about girls’ rights, social justice and gender equality
- Learn more about girls' rights, international development, and global issues
- It’s free to join; we ask members to reach out to their community to present on behalf Plan International Canada about the Because I am a Girl initiative
As part of the Speakers Bureau, you will be involved in an international effort to change the lives of girls around the world. You will gain communication, teamwork, and leadership skills and have the opportunity to speak at events on behalf of Plan International Canada.
It's important to note that members of the Speakers Bureau are largely responsible for arranging their own speaking opportunities in their communities with support and materials from Plan Inernational Canada.
Applications for the 2015/2016 Speakers Bureau are now closed. Please check back in June 2016 to apply for our 2016/2017 term.