3 reasons why your support is so important:
- Girls are twice as likely to die in pregnancy or childbirth as they are to finish primary school.
- Many children die of preventable diseases like diarrhea and only 17% are fully vaccinated.
- Girls are vulnerable to child marriage and female genital mutilation.
How your support is helping South Sudan:
- Raising awareness of child protection in communities to ensure the rights of children are addressed, and increasing the capacity to engage in protection issues across the country.
- Increasing access to basic education for all children by supporting the construction and renovation of schools, training teachers, and raising awareness in communities to increase enrolment rates and enhance ownership of schools.
- Enabling girl’s access to the education and skills necessary to succeed in life and to prevent child marriage.
- Helping families raise their household income by increasing access to financial services and enabling young people and women in communities to gain employment and start their own businesses.
- Providing technical and vocational training opportunities to young people, like auto mechanics, electrical installation and tailoring, so they receive the knowledge and skills needed to create a brighter future.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||99 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)