3 reasons why your support is so important in Sierra Leone
- Each year, almost 40,000 children die before turning 5 years old, often from preventable or treatable diseases.
- 44% of children suffer from stunted growth due to malnutrition.
- More than a ¼ of children between the ages of 5-14 are engaged in child labour.
How your support is helping Sierra Leone:
- Children are receiving a healthy start to life, which contributes to the reduction of under-five child mortality rates across the country.
- Education is a top priority. We are working to improve the education system to offer quality education to all children without discrimination.
- Ensuring all children in Sierra Leone are protected from abuse, exploitation, neglect and violence, including during emergency or crisis.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||161 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)