3 reasons why your support is so important in Senegal
- Nearly 4 million people live below the poverty line
- Many children die of preventable or treatable diseases like malaria or pneumonia
- Few children complete school – 38% of men and 61% of women cannot read and write
How your support is helping Senegal:
- Improving educational facilities by constructing, rehabilitating and equipping classrooms with sufficient materials, and training teachers so that children receive a quality education.
- Working with families and communities to protect children, especially girls, from gender-based violence.
- Teaching women about the importance of maternal health, and encouraging them to receive pre-natal and ante-natal support to monitor the health of their children.
- Fighting malaria and immunizing children under 5 years old against major diseases.
- Promoting the leadership of children, youth and women to help empower them to realize their rights as citizens.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||55 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)
Common phrases in French
|How are you?
||Comment ça va?
||Bonne fete Bon anniversaire