3 reasons why your support is so important in Rwanda
- Malnutrition is an underlying factor in 43% of deaths in children under the age of 5
- 42% of young people are unemployed or underemployed and many have low levels of education
- Strong gender prejudices mean many girls face challenges that restrict their education and job opportunities
How your support is helping Rwanda:
- Promoting a gender neutral school environment through the implementation of school improvement plans, which will strengthen parent-teacher associations and help develop teacher training.
- Engages families and communities in promoting children’s healthy development.
- Addressing unemployment and social-political disempowerment among youth, who form the majority of the population.
- Supporting vocational training opportunities and innovative approaches to promote economic empowerment and the participation of youth in community development.
- Supporting community-wide birth registration initiatives to strengthen the rights of children.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||52 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)
Common phrases in Kinyarwanda
|How are you?