MEDIA ADVISORY - Saving mothers and children: Accountability for results Plan Canada, Minister Paradis present impact of Canadian leadership for mothers and children across developing world
TORONTO, May 27, 2014 – Canadian leadership is having a profound positive impact on the lives of mothers and children across the developing world. Plan Canada President and CEO Rosemary McCarney, The Honourable Christian Paradis, Minister of International Development and Minister for La Francophonie, are joining together at a May 28 event in Toronto to present the remarkable results of Canada’s commitment.
This event will bring to life the outcomes of Canadian investments in maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH) by sharing results through hard data and compelling stories from community members and health workers representing some of the seven countries where this life-saving work is being done. The event will also include representatives of the 25,500 Canadian donors who have directly supported Plan Canada’s MNCH efforts and local youth advocates engaged in Plan’s work. Mrs. Laureen Harper will also be in attendance at the gathering.
The event will help to launch the Saving Every Woman Every Child: Within Arm’s Reach Summit in Toronto, May 28-30, 2014, hosted by the Canadian government.
- The Honourable Christian Paradis, Minister of International Development and Minister for La Francophonie
- Rosemary McCarney, Plan Canada President and CEO
- Community members and health care workers from Tanzania and Zimbabwe who have benefited from Plan’s efforts to improve maternal, newborn and child health
- Local youth advocates who are engaged with Plan’s work to improve the lives of women and children
- Photo and interview opportunity with: The Honourable Minister Christian Paradis, Minister of International Development and Minister for La Francophonie; Rosemary McCarney, Plan Canada President and CEO; health workers and community members from Tanzania and Zimbabwe; and local youth advocates engaged with Plan’s MNCH work about the tangible impact that Plan’s work and Canadian leadership is having in saving the lives of mothers and their children across the developing world.
- Date: May 28, 2014
- Media arrival: 10:30 a.m.
- Event starts: 11:00 a.m.
- Event ends: 12:15 p.m.
- Plan Canada
245 Eglinton Avenue East, 3rd floor
About Plan and the Because I am a Girl Initiative
Founded in 1937, Plan is one of the world’s oldest and largest international development agencies, working in partnership with millions of people around the world to end global poverty. Not for profit, independent and inclusive of all faiths and cultures, Plan has only one agenda: to improve the lives of children. Because I am a Girl is Plan’s global initiative to end gender inequality, promote girls’ rights and lift millions of girls – and everyone around them – out of poverty. Visit plancanada.ca and becauseiamagirl.ca for more information.
Dena Allen, Senior Media and Public Relations Manager, Plan Canada
T: 416 920 1654 ext 326 | C: 416 723 6340 | email@example.com