Media Advisory – Plan International Canada opens Gifts of Hope holiday pop-up shop
Plan International Canada and Janette Ewen host Giving Tuesday pop-up shop
Visit the Distillery District to see ethical gifts come to life
TORONTO, ON, November 23, 2016 – As the holiday season approaches, Canadians are in search of meaningful gifts that make an impact around the world. Plan International Canada’s Gifts of Hope puts an end to shopping indecision by turning holiday gift-giving into life-changing support for children and families in developing countries like El Salvador, Bangladesh, and Kenya. With 40 gifts like Buzzing Bees, Newborn Checkup and Girl Power, Canadians have the chance to give real gifts that change real lives.
To celebrate Giving Tuesday, Plan International Canada has teamed up with its newest Celebrated Ambassador, lifestyle and décor expert Janette Ewen, to bring the impact of ethical giving to life. The Gifts of Hope pop-up shop runs from Friday November 25 to Tuesday November 29 in Toronto’s Distillery District while the annual Christmas Market is in full festive swing. Media and the public are invited to visit the shop for hands-on vignettes, a virtual reality experience, and activities for kids that bring ethical giving to life.
- Gifts of Hope holiday pop-up shop designed by Janette Ewen featuring vignettes that bring ethical gifts to life. Vignettes will highlight gifts like Help refugee children, Baby chicks, Girl power and Buzzing bees.
- Pop-up shop will be open daily starting Friday, November 25 to Tuesday, November 29 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Janette Ewen, lifestyle and décor expert, and Plan International Canada’s newest Celebrated Ambassador
- Plan International Canada Programs spokesperson
- Plan International Canada youth ambassador
- Saturday, November 26, 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Onsite interviews and photo opportunities
- Storytelling time with Janette Ewen at 1 p.m.
- Tuesday November 29 (Giving Tuesday)
- Caffe Furbo, 12 Case Goods Lane, Distillery District, Toronto (between Trinity Street and Pure Spirits Mews, across from Dish Gallery and Studio)
- Pop-up shop coinciding with the Toronto Christmas Market
About Plan International Canada
Founded in 1937, Plan International is one of the world’s oldest and largest international development agencies, working in partnership with millions of people around the world to end global poverty. Not for profit, independent and inclusive of all faiths and cultures, Plan International strives for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Because I am a Girl is Plan International’s global movement to transform power relations so that girls everywhere can learn, lead, decide and thrive.
Visit plancanada.ca and becauseiamagirl.ca for more information.
Senior Media and Public Relations Manager, Plan International Canada
T: 416 920-1654 ext. 350 | C: 647-459-7557 | email@example.com
Consultant, Hill+Knowlton Strategies
T: 416 413-4575 | C: 647-802-2356 | firstname.lastname@example.org