3 reasons why your support is so important:
- 1 in 3 children experience stunted growth caused by malnutrition.
- Nearly a third of people in rural areas don’t have adequate sanitation facilities.
- Hundreds of schools were destroyed by Typhoon Haiyan and thousands of children are missing out on education.
How your support is helping the Philippines:
- Providing relief and recovery before, during and after a disaster strikes, and ensuring girls, boys and families can realize their rights in a disaster.
- Helping build disaster-resilient communities by getting communities involved in the planning process, and ensuring children and families are trained in disaster preparedness.
- Protecting girls and boys from abuse, exploitation, violence and harm from disasters that may interfere with their right to education.
- Working to reduce the incidence of preventable diseases among children by improving community health practices and services which will improve the health, nutrition and sanitation in communities.
- Educating communities on the importance of sanitation and constructing separate latrines for girls and boys.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||30 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)
Common phrases in Filipino
|How are you?