3 reasons why your support is so important:
- Healthcare is poor and illnesses like acute respiratory infections are common among children.
- Lack of information and quality education makes children vulnerable to health risks and exploitation.
- Domestic violence is prevalent and many children are abused, mistreated or neglected.
How your support is helping Peru:
- Protecting children from all forms of violence by implementing our child protection policies in communities.
- Training community members on the importance of maternal health, and helping women receive the pre- and postnatal care they deserve.
- Enabling young people to access employment opportunities through our youth economic empowerment programs.
- Training children, families, schools and authorities on disaster risk reduction and protection for all children during emergencies.
- Ensuring young children are provided with a quality education at a young age by training teachers, updating educational materials, and implementing gender equality training for everyone in the community.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||17 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)
Common phrases in Spanish
|How are you?