3 reasons why your support is so important:
- Water-related diseases like diarrhea cause nearly 60% of child deaths.
- Fewer than half of all women receive skilled help during childbirth.
- Natural disasters – like earthquakes and floods – affect the poorest families most.
How your support is helping Pakistan:
- Working to increase community involvement in order to improve health care and ensure that everyone’s health needs are addressed. Targeting women and children’s health and increasing awareness among adolescents regarding reproductive health issues.
- Promoting proper hygiene practices related to safe drinking water, sanitation and other environmental health issues.
- Working to ensure quality education by increasing the active involvement of children and adults in matters affecting children’s education. Also, improving towards improving school facilities, including updates to existing infrastructure, equipment and materials, and expanding and improving early childhood care and development.
- Providing vocational and technical skills training to women and men engaged in small-scale income generating activities, and helping to improve the skills of subsistence farmers.
- Increasing public awareness of children and women’s rights to enhance the health, education and protection services for children in difficult circumstances, and increasing coverage of birth registration, which allows citizens easier access to vital social services.
- Helping communities become more resilient in coping with emergencies, by encouraging young people and children to take an active role in assessing the risks in their own communities.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||86 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)
Common phrases in Urdu
|How are you?
||Kya Hal Hai?
||Salaamati ke saath