Because I am a Girl project
Change the world for girls and their communities.
In the poorest regions of the world, women and girls are among the most disadvantaged people on the planet. Yet they are the key to breaking the cycle of poverty for everyone. It's proven that when we invest in girls, they will give back in countless ways to improve the lives of their families, communities and nations.
Today, your contribution is urgently needed to:
- Register girls at birth in countries like Bangladesh and Mali so that their legal rights to an education, health care and a better life are officially recognized
- Improve the quality of maternal health care to help manage childhood illnesses, encourage safe deliveries of babies provide emergency obstetric care in places like West Africa
- Provide girls in areas like South Sudan with access to clean water, adequate sanitation and food
- Help exploited girls and keep vulnerable girls safe from abuse with prevention programs in conflict areas like Colombia.
With the Because I am a Girl project, you can:
- See the power of your contributions grow as your donations are matched 4x by generous funding partners
- Receive semi-annual updates on how your contributions are making an impact
- Choose from a variety of contribution options to suit your financial needs.
Maximize the power of your donation. With our partner matching, your donation will have an even greater impact. Learn more.
Donate now and make a difference for girls. For less than a $1 a day, you can help protect female rights and help ensure that both boys and girls have equal access to the basic necessities of life.
Check out the video below to see how your contribution to Plan Canada’s Because I am a Girl project can improve the lives of girls.