4 reasons why your support is so important in Nigeria
- Half of the 160 million people living in Nigeria are under the age of 18.
- Over 11.3 million children between the ages of 5-14 are engaged in child labour.
- Child marriage is widespread in Nigeria, where 43% of girls are married before their 18th birthday.
- The largest number of deaths due to HIV/AIDS per year occurs in Nigeria.
How your support is helping Nigeria:
In the coming years, Plan Nigeria will:
- Work closely with children and families in communities
- Work with local and national governments to help them fulfil their obligations towards child rights across the entire country.
- Work with partners to strengthen the capacity of current programs, and to help implement new programs.
- Increase access to community services and facilities to improve the health of women and children.
- Work with organizations to tackle the underlying cause of poverty.
- Ramp up advocacy work to increase the rights of children through country-wide campaigns.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||117 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)
Common phrases in Hausa, a common language spoken in Nigeria
|How are you?
||Barka da ranar haihuwa!