3 reasons why your support is so important:
- Only 44% of boys and 31% of girls go to primary school, and less than a third of adults can read or write.
- Only half of the population has clean drinking water and less than 10% have sanitation facilities.
- Niger has the world’s highest rate of child marriage, with more than three-quarters of girls married before age 18.
How your support is helping the Niger:
- Improving education for all children by building new schools, and providing equipment, supplies, training, and improving school curriculum.
- Boosting child survival rates by improving communities’ access to quality health services, safe drinking water and sanitation facilities.
- Working with the government and other key partner organizations to harmonize and promote child protection across the country.
- Supporting birth registration activities to give children official identities and proper access to protection, and health and education services.
- Strengthening communities’ capacities to better prevent and manage risks during emergency situations. Our disaster risk reduction work includes microfinance activities, food security stocks, awareness-raising and training in early warning and emergency management.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||104 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)
Common phrases in French
|How are you?
||Comment ça va?