3 reasons why your support is so important in Nepal
- Many families struggle to afford food and 41% of children’s growth is stunted by malnutrition
- 65% of people in rural areas don’t have sanitation facilities
- Women and girls are vulnerable to trafficking, and many are exploited in sex work and domestic labour
How your support is helping Nepal:
- Working to reduce maternal mortality rates by equipping and staffing birthing centres and training health workers.
- Supporting the construction of community-managed piped water supply systems.
- Ensuring children and adults acquire basic knowledge and life skills so they can realize their potential and positively contribute to their communities.
- Creating financial opportunities for the poorest and most marginalized households.
- Protecting the rights of children by working to eliminate child labour, gender-based violence, child marriage, human trafficking, sexual abuse and exploitation.
- Operating programs to protect children and communities, effectively and efficiently mobilizing staff and partners during emergencies
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||40 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)