3 reasons why your support is so important:
- Child soldiers continue to play an active role in the Burmese Army and the Burmese rebel movements.
- Human trafficking and child labour are common in the country.
- The state of health care in Myanmar is poor. The government spends less than 3% of the country’s GDP on health care, consistently ranking among the lowest in the world.
How your support is helping Myanmar:
- Helping girls and boys succeed in school by providing inclusive, early childhood care and development programs to some of the most remote communities.
- Improving communities’ access to safe drinking water and proper sanitation by establishing water management and distribution systems across communities.
- Constructing new bore holes, piping systems, hand washing facilities and latrines in villages in schools, benefiting more than 1,600 people so far.
- Ensuring children and families live in safe and disaster-resilient communities by working with communities to build a culture of safety and active participation in reducing the risks of disasters and climate change.
- Working with students and schools to implement disaster risk management plans so that issues affecting children receive priority attention, and so children are equipped with the knowledge needed to protect themselves during a disaster.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||51 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)