Media Advisory – SOPHIE GRÉGOIRE TRUDEAU TO JOIN PLAN INTERNATIONAL CANADA IN CELEBRATION OF INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’s day
OTTAWA, ON, March 7, 2017 – On Wednesday, March 8 Madame Sophie Grégoire Trudeau and Plan International Canada President and CEO Caroline Riseboro, will engage 50 youth from across the Ottawa region to discuss the importance of uniting for gender equality.
This International Women’s Day, Plan International Canada challenges all Canadians to acknowledge the deep-seated gender norms that influence our lives – from our roles at home to the workplace – and to dive deeper into how gender stereotypes perpetuate a harmful cycle of inequality.
Millions of girls around the world are still denied their right to education, healthcare and safety. These inequities contribute to high infant and childhood mortality rates, low education achievement and increased risk of physical and sexual abuse.
- Photo opportunity - including Madame Sophie Grégoire Trudeau, Caroline Riseboro, President and CEO of Plan International Canada, and 50 Ottawa region high school and university-aged youth members and supporters of Champions of Change clubs.
- Concluding remarks by Caroline Riseboro, President and CEO, Plan International Canada and Madame Sophie Grégoire Trudeau
- Please note: Caroline Riseboro, President and CEO, Plan International Canada, is available after the photo for brief remarks and/or 1:1 interviews.
- Madame Sophie Grégoire Trudeau, Plan International Canada Global Ambassador
- Caroline Riseboro, President & CEO, Plan International Canada
- Fifty Plan International Canada Champions of Change club members and supporters
- Wednesday, March 8, 2017
- Concluding remarks at 10:55 a.m.
- Photo opportunity to be offered 11:00-11:20 a.m.
- **Media must arrive by 10:45 a.m. to sign in and are required to present proper identification for accreditation
- University of Ottawa, Tabaret Hall – Room 112 550 Cumberland St, Ottawa, ON
RSVP TO CONFIRM ATTENDANCE AND ADMISSION
Please RSVP to:
Senior Manager, Media and Public Relations Manager, Plan International Canada
T: 416 920-1654 ext. 350 | C: 647-459-7557 | email@example.com
Senior Account Director, Hill+Knowlton Strategies
T: 416-413-4751 | C: 416-898-8113 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our International Women’s Day conversations online:
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL CANADA AND THE BECAUSE I AM A GIRL INITIATIVE
Founded in 1937, Plan International is one of the world’s oldest and largest international development agencies, working in partnership with millions of people around the world to end global poverty. Not for profit, independent and inclusive of all faiths and cultures, Plan International strives for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Because I am a Girl is Plan International’s global movement to transform power relations so that girls everywhere can learn, lead, decide and thrive.
Visit plancanada.ca and becauseiamagirl.ca for more information.