3 reasons why your support is so important:
- Over 770,000 children are orphaned due to HIV/AIDS, putting them at risk of violence, exploitation, trafficking and discrimination.
- Many children die from diarrhea caused by unsafe water and poor sanitation.
- Thousands of women die in pregnancy and childbirth due to poor maternal healthcare.
How your support is helping Malawi:
- Ensuring all children and their communities have access to adequate health care
- Increasing services and support towards adolescent health, reproductive health and maternal and newborn health.
- Improving safe water supply and promoting sanitation and hygiene practices in communities and schools.
- Protecting children against all forms of violence, including neglect, discrimination and exploitation.
- Improving access to quality education, especially for vulnerable and excluded groups of children, with a focus on promoting girls’ education.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||68 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)