3 reasons why your support is so important:
- Many children die of diseases like malaria and diarrhea.
- Many schools are run-down, lack basic resources and 2 out of 3 students are taught by unqualified teachers.
- Girls are vulnerable to exploitation – 66% of girls are subjected to female genital mutilation.
How your support is helping Liberia:
- Promoting a healthy childhood by practicing good hygiene, supporting birth registration and preventing malaria in communities.
- Training health workers on the importance of registering birth, so children are protected from things like child marriage, child labour and trafficking.
- Providing girls with additional learning opportunities in order to keep them in school longer and increase school completion rates.
- Training birth attendants and health care workers to properly care for expectant women before, during and after childbirth.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||71 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)