3 reasons why your support is so important:
- In rural areas, 52% of people don’t have sanitation facilities and 38% don’t have clean drinking water.
- More than 50% of children do not attend secondary school.
- 44% of children in Laos suffer from malnutrition .
How your support is helping the Laos:
- Ensuring primary school children receive quality education to reach essential learning outcomes in literacy and numeracy.
- Improving the health and nutrition of expectant women and children under 5 .
- Coordinating the rehabilitation and construction of new community water systems.
- Providing protection from all forms of harm and violence against children by establishing support systems for children and parents.
- Establishing a strong disaster response plan through a commitment to continuous disaster preparedness programs.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||71 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)