3 reasons why your support is so important in Honduras
- Many schools lack qualified teachers, adequate buildings and teaching materials.
- Unemployment is high and there are few job or training opportunities in rural areas.
- Violence in families, schools and communities is widespread.
How your support is helping Honduras:
- Working to strengthen the capacity of families and educators to provide all-inclusive child care and gender-sensitive parenting at home.
- Ensuring children, youth and their families enjoy quality health care that is timely, relevant, inclusive and sustainable for years to come.
- Helping some of the country’s most vulnerable families gain access to improved financial resources and economic opportunities.
- Developing processes to change perceptions and attitudes of families and the community regarding the sexual and reproductive rights of children and youth.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||22 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)
Common phrases in Spanish
|How are you?