3 reasons why your support is so important:
- Many children die of preventable diseases – fewer than half of all children are vaccinated.
- 31% of the population lack clean water and only 17% have sanitation facilities.
- Around half of children don’t go to primary school and fewer than one-fifth go to secondary school.
How your support is helping Haiti:
- Working closely with the Ministry of Health to help improve access to maternal and infant health services.
- Operating mobile health clinics, ensuring childhood vaccinations are implemented in communities, and providing prenatal/postnatal services for new mothers.
- Helping girls and boys claim a quality education, while gaining the learning they need to fulfill a brighter future.
- Helping teachers’ access training and improving their skills in subjects crucial to education.
- Helping youth under 24 years of age access services and opportunities essential for their economic development. Students will learn skills like leadership development, computer skills, farming, marketing and business management.
- Supporting initiatives and clubs for children and youth to ensure their rights as citizens, and to enhance their skills for future education and employment opportunities.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||73 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)
Common phrases in Creole
|How are you?
||Kouman ou ye?
||Babay or Orevwa