3 reasons why your support is so important:
- Around 1 in 8 children die before age 5, mainly due to diseases like diarrhea and malaria
- School buildings, qualified teachers and teaching materials are scarce, and less than 30% of children attend secondary school.
- Female genital mutilation and child marriage are widespread.
How your support is helping Guinea-Bissau:
- Increasing access to quality education for all children, and decreasing drop-out and rates.
- Improving access to quality health care in communities, supporting local efforts to expand the depth of effective preventive health care, including in the areas of child survival and reproductive health services.
- Supporting communities in the construction and rehabilitation of wells and the installation of hand-pumps to help increase access to safe drinking water, hygiene and sanitation services.
- Promoting the rights of children by enforcing the laws to protect the civil rights of children and women.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||124 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)
Common phrases in Portuguese
|How are you?
||Como é que tu estas?