Because I am a Girl clubs
Led by young people in more than 40 schools across Canada, Because I am a Girl Clubs use educational toolkits to help youth make the local to global connection of social justice issues through the lens of girls’ rights. Members of Clubs champion girls’ rights by raising awareness, advocating and raising funds for Plan International's Because I am a Girl campaign.
How to create and register your Because I am a Girl Club:
- Download the Because I am a Girl Club Handbook
- Recruit at least 4 peers to run the Club with you
- Complete the Registration Form
Who can register a Club?
Girls AND boys in schools across Canada, with the support of a teacher or other staff supervisor, lead Because I am Girl Clubs.
When can I register my Club?
Club registration is open year round. Register your Club, receive your Club Welcome Kit and get started.
- Become part of a growing network of young people raising awareness and helping to inspire action for girls’ rights
- Receive exclusive opportunities to become involved with Plan International led initiatives promoting gender equality
- Access free Club resources and support from the Because I am a Girl team
- Opportunities to build leadership, teamwork, and communication skills
What do I do once I have registered my Club?
Your Club can take action by running an awareness campaign or holding a fundraiser. We believe small actions can drive big change. Once you have registered we will send you all the information you will need to get started. We have resources online to help you as well.
Download the Club Handbook.
Register your Because I am a Girl Club