Donate a life insurance policy
With a gift of life insurance, you make periodic premium payments that turn into a major gift ‒ one that has the power to transform the lives of children and communities tackling some of the biggest challenges in the developing world.
WAYS YOU CAN GIVE A GIFT OF LIFE INSURANCE:
- Purchase a new life insurance policy and name Plan International Canada Inc. as the owner and beneficiary. The premiums you will pay qualify for a charitable tax receipt.
- Donate an existing policy to Plan International Canada now. You will receive a charitable tax receipt for the fair market value of your life insurance policy.
- Name Plan International Canada Inc. as the beneficiary of your existing life insurance policy. Your estate will receive a charitable tax receipt when the proceeds are paid to Plan International Canada.
- Periodic premium payments makes this an affordable way to make a significant gift
- Your insurance policy is not part of your estate and so is not subject to probate fees
- Because your policy is not part of your estate, a gift of life insurance does not affect what you planned to leave behind in your estate for loved ones
- Where Plan International Canada is the beneficiary, a gift of life insurance can help offset the significant tax burden on your estate