3 reasons why your support is so important:
- A lack of nutritious food means that 44% of children suffer stunted growth as a result of malnutrition
- Only 16% of children attend secondary school
- Only 21% of the population have access to adequate sanitation facilities
How your support is helping Ethiopia:
- Addressing the barriers related to improved economic and social status of women and children, especially girls.
- Improving the quality of early education and the transition from preschool to primary school.
- Ensuring communities have the appropriate resources to deal with the incidence and prevalence of waterborne diseases.
- Partnered with communities affected by long-term drought to rebuild water points and ensure amble water supply for years to come.
- Training health workers and volunteers on issues related to maternal, newborn and child health.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||64 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)