3 reasons why your support is so important in Egypt
- Many children drop out of school, and 30% never even begin secondary school
- Over 74% of 15-17 year old girls have undergone female genital mutilation
- 54% of young women aged 15-24 are unemployed
How your support is helping Egypt:
- Improving early childhood care and enhancing the quality of primary education services.
- Protecting children and women from all forms of violence, including gender-based violence and harmful practices against girls and women, by increasing community-wide awareness of their basic rights.
- Providing youth with the social and economic power to improve their financial literacy and gain financial independence.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||22 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)