Your support is part of a project that will change the face of education throughout countries like Senegal, Mali, Burkina Faso and South Sudan. We’ll bring schools, resource centres, and libraries to children, some of whom have never even held a book in their hands. With your help, teachers will get the training they need to inspire and motivate their students, students will have the tools they need to build and invent their own future, and communities will be filled with young people looking to lead their communities to a brighter day.
- Build new schools and classrooms, providing children in countries like South Sudan, where conflict has severely disrupted the education system, with the opportunity to learn and create better futures
- Construct water points, latrines, playgrounds and school gardens to help strengthen the education system in developing countries like Senegal
- Build curriculum and train teachers in countries like Mali, so teachers can share their ideas and mentor each other
- Create clean and safe places to learn that are welcoming to all children, especially girls; in Mali, for example, we’ll improve the school latrine system, making schools more hygienic for everyone and more appealing to girls
- Provide vocational and skills training to youth and young adults to help them gain valuable skills to earn an income and plan for their future. This includes training instructors, providing vocational training scholarships to girls and supporting school-to-work transition and self-employment. We’ll do this in countries like Burkina Faso, where youth will take part in vocational education and training in local industry, all with the aim of making them more employable and equipped with the skills to stay that way.