3 reasons why your support is so important:
- It has the lowest educational quality in Latin America – more than 30% of girls and 40% of boys don’t go to secondary school.
- Girls face discrimination and sexual and reproductive healthcare is poor – almost 50% of girls are married by age 18.
- Around 800,000 Haitian immigrants live in the Dominican Republic, many in extreme poverty.
How your support is helping Dominican Republic:
- Providing children and youth with a quality education by creating safe learning environments, and training teachers to introduce quality curriculum so children develop essential skills.
- Training young people to voice their concerns related to their sexual and reproductive health.
- Working with communities to promote gender equality training for young men between 15-24 years old.
- Working with youth, parents and communities to promote safe learning environments at school and in homes to respond to violence against children.
- Helping communities respond to and mitigate the effects of emergencies and natural hazards – includeing first-aid training, evacuation plans and infrastructure analysis.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||28 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)
Common phrases in Spanish
|How are you?