With your help, we can accomplish the following:
- Improve access to safe drinking water and sanitation for all community members by building water points and training water management committees to manage facilities.
- Construct separate latrines for boys and girls in primary schools.
- Improve access to early childhood care for 600 pre-school children.
- Improve facilities and supplies in 6 target primary schools, which will benefit nearly 3,600 children
- Provide literacy and numeracy training to 2,250 adults (900 men and 1,350 women).
- Provide families with the tools they need to set-up home vegetable gardens, beekeeping co-ops and other income-generating projects.
- Work with nearly 2,750 people (75% women) on microfinance projects that will help them generate additional income to further enhance opportunities.
- Improve knowledge about nutrition and hygiene to nearly 2,000 mothers so that children can grow up healthy and strong.
Your support will play a big part in helping the people of Jimma find their own solutions to obstacles they face each day, giving rise to a generation in charge of its own destiny.
return to the Jimma homepage