3 reasons why your support is so important:
- 39% of rural families don’t have clean water, putting children’s health at serious risk
- Lack of adequate healthcare means the maternal mortality rate is among the highest in the world
- 38% of rural children don’t have a birth certificate, leaving them without protection from abuse or exploitation.
How your support is helping Cameroon:
- Promoting an inclusive, safe, healthy and child-friendly learning environment to achieve quality education.
- Supporting a range of projects that help reduce child and maternal mortality and increase child survival, with particular emphasis on preventing the 5 main causes of death for children under the age of 5: malaria, diarrhoea, acute respiratory diseases, measles and malnutrition.
- Protecting children from violence and developing strategies that allow children to tackle violence in their community.
- Helping improve families’ capacity to meet children’s basic needs by facilitating access to sustainable financial services, especially for women and other primary care givers.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||95 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)
Common phrases in French
|How are you?
||Comment ça va?