3 reasons why your support is so important:
- 6% of Brazil’s population live below the poverty line, fostering social exclusion and crime.
- Violence is part of daily life for many young people living in urban areas.
- Many children cannot access quality education, and often are not able to play and learn together.
How your support is helping Brazil:
- Improving the health of young boys and girls to ensure they grow up in a nurturing environment that enhances their physical, cognitive and psychosocial development.
- Encouraging young people to participate in conversations about gender, sexual health and ethnic equality.
- Developing projects to ensure children are protected during big events like the 2016 Olympic Games.
- Helping young women and men to improve their chances of finding employment through our economic empowerment programs.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||14 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)
Common phrases in Portuguese
|How are you?
||Como é que tu estas?