3 reasons why your support is so important:
- 1/3 of children suffer from stunted growth caused by malnutrition.
- Children are vulnerable to harmful cultural practices such as child marriage.
- Almost 15% of the population is living with HIV - one of the highest rates in the world.
How your support is helping Zimbabwe:
- Supporting maternal, neonatal and child health improvement, malaria disease prevention and control, and water and sanitation in the areas we operate in.
- Increasing awareness of HIV by supporting behavioral change, and providing homecare, counseling and support to HIV-affected households.
- Building the capacity of school development committees to renovate and construct classrooms, sourcing learning materials for teachers, schools and students, and providing scholarships for vulnerable children.
- Supporting families and communities to increase food production by promoting improved farming methods and income generating projects.
- Training children and youth to understand their rights and promoting safe, child-friendly environments.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||89 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)
Common phrases in Shona
|How are you?
||Makorokoto ezuva rokuzvarwa