3 reasons why your support is so important:
- 36% of families do not have access to clean water and 58% do not have decent sanitation, putting children’s health at risk
- Less than half of children make the transition to secondary school.
- Zambia has one of the world’s highest HIV rates, with around 30,300 deaths each year.
How your support is helping Zambia:
- Promoting the rights of children by increasing the level of child participation in communities through youth clubs, and community-led campaigns.
- Supporting early childhood care and development to ensure children are provided the opportunity for quality education at an early age.
- Projects that support the management of childhood illnesses, prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV/AIDS, and offering sexual and reproductive health services to the communities where we work.
- Helping youth and women gain life skills by establishing village savings and loans associations (VSLAs) and providing advanced business training to help maintain help levels of employment.
- Increasing access to safe water, appropriate hygiene and sanitation facilities.
- Improving access to sexual reproductive health information and services for adolescents and youth.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||87 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)