3 reasons why your support is so important in Tanzania
- Approximately 122,000 children under the age of 5 do not survive every year, often from preventable diseases
- 1/3 of children do not complete primary education, and only 25% go to secondary school
- 21% of children aged 5-14 work, often in extremely dangerous conditions.
How your support is helping Tanzania:
- Supporting the development of village savings and loans assocations (VSLA), which helps to improve the financial literacy of particiants and allow members to take out loans to start their own enterprises.
- Working with expectant and new mothers to help educate them on the risks of maternal and newborn child health, and ensuring all mothers receive the care they need before, during and after childbirth.
- Helping young people come together and share their experiences by introducing youth groups, and offering vocational training for vulnerable youth looking to improve their lives.
- Improving young people's access to financial services to help empower youth to find employment within their communities to help support their families.
- Building new water systems and improving access to community water and sanitation facilities to help improve the health of children and families.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||52 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)
Common phrases in Dodoma
|How are you?
||Furaha ya siku ya kuzaliwa