3 reasons why your support is so important in Mali
- Many children under five do not survive because of preventable or treatable diseases like diarrhea, made worse by malnutrition.
- Only 55% of girls and 60% of boys go to primary school, with drop-out rates especially high in rural communities.
- 89% of women have been subjected to female genital mutilation.
How your support is helping Mali:
- Working to reduce child mortality and improve maternal health by providing access to health clinics for communities.
- Supporting children to take an active role in regular radio broadcasts, to raise awareness of health issues in the community.
- Promoting the importance of education through workshops and training sessions for teachers to enhance their teaching skills.
- Actively providing children with an official birth registration, working to give them greater protection and access to services, like education and health.
- Developing savings and loans groups to help communities access livelihood opportunities.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||123 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)
Common phrases in French
|How are you?
||Comment ça va?
||Bonne fete Bon anniversaire