3 reasons why your support is so important:
- Many children die of malaria or diarrhea, and 40% are chronically malnourished.
- The standard of education is poor, with teachers and school materials in short supply – 75% of adults cannot read or write.
- 96% of women experience female genital mutilation.
How your support is helping Guinea:
- Ensuring equal access to quality education services for all (including girls and the most vulnerable children) in order to increase school enrolment and primary school completion rates.
- Implementing Early Childhood Care and Development (ECCD) initiatives, and providing school feeding programs in communities in need.
- Providing access to quality health care, and water and sanitation services in order to improve health and decrease child and maternal mortality rates.
- Fostering safe, secure and empowering environments where all children can grow up to be active and responsible citizens.
- Empowering the most vulnerable women through Village Savings and Loans Associations (VSLA), and promoting gender equality across communities.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||101 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)
Common phrases in French
|How are you?
||Comment ça va?