3 reasons why your support is so important in Burkina Faso
- Over 1/3 of children aged 5-14 are involved in child labour
- More than 2 out of every 3 children can’t read and write by age 15
- Young people lack information on sexual health – 55% of 15-24 year olds don’t know that using protection can prevent HIV.
How your support is helping Burkina Faso:
- Ensuring communities have access to clean drinking water and adequate sanitation facilities.
- Providing young women with bicycles so they can attend school and girls’ scholarships so they can further develop their studies.
- Working to empower communities across the country to recognize the importance of education for children, especially girls.
- Connecting women to village savings and loans groups, which will provide them with the financial education and training needed to develop a stable income of their own.
- Protecting the rights of children through our programs geared at ending child marriage, female genital mutilation, sexual abuse, trafficking and child labour.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||98 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)
Common phrases in French
||Salut / Bonjour
|How are you?
||Ça va? Comment ça va?
||Bonne fete Bon anniversaire