3 reasons why your support is so important:
- 95% of people in rural areas have inadequate sanitation facilities, putting lives at risk
- Many children don’t have enough food for healthy growth and 18% are moderately or severely underweight
- More than 2/3 of women aged 15 and older are illiterate.
How your support is helping Benin:
Plan International's work in Benin covers 3 core areas, all of which are rooted in the rights of the child:
- Helps ensure children have access to quality basic education with emphasis on improved retention, completion, and performance
- Supports initiatives to improve transition into secondary school
- Emphasizes inclusive education by targeting the most marginalized children, promoting gender and disability-friendly school facilities, good governance and enhanced monitoring and supervision
- Promotes food security and community-based micro-finance, specifically Village Savings and Loans Associations (VSLA); appropriate employable skills for the youth to strengthen household resilience and create economic opportunities
- Helps ensure the proper management of childhood illnesses and helps families cope with emergency situations
- Contributes to effective national and community level child protection systems, such as strengthening child protection systems and disaster risks response.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||85 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)
Common phrases in French
|How are you?
||Comment ça va?