3 reasons why your support is so important in Bangladesh
- Infants aged 4 weeks and under account for more than half of deaths of children under 5.
- Only 1/4 of children go to pre-school, and 1/3 of children drop out before completing primary school.
- Child abuse and exploitation are common, including sexual abuse and child trafficking.
How your support is helping Bangladesh:
- Improving early childhood care and enhancing the quality of primary education services.
- Protecting children and women from all forms of violence, including gender-based violence and harmful practices against girls and women, by increasing community-wide awareness of their basic rights.
- Providing youth with the social and economic power to improve their financial literacy and gain financial independence.
|People living in poverty
|Mortality of children under 5
||41 deaths /1000 births
||5 deaths /1000 births
(World Bank, CIA World Factbook, World Health Organization)
Common phrases in Bengali
||Namaskar or Namaste
|How are you?
||Aapni kemon aachen